Monday 12 November 2018

revlon facets of fuchsia (expressionists)

super ancient revlon's facets of fuchsia is a polish that made me realize that my nail polish addiction began.

i still remember the day i saw it for the first time in 2012. my colleague is allergic to cocoa, and she accidentaly drank some coffee with it and got a mild rash and asked me to go to with her to the nearby drugstore to get something to cover it up. i went with her since i had no idea we head a drugstore across the street, but i didn't take my wallet.  and bam! i saw facets of fuchsia and immediately fell in love. since this is not serbia, and i'm not that close with this colleague, it felt awkward to borrow money from her so i decided to get it on my way home. but, as it always happen, i had a lot of work to finish, and when i went home. the store was closed.

that's when the hallucinations began! on the next day, which was saturday, i was DJing in austria, and from the beginning wanted to wear my purple dress with black stars.  in my head, this dress could only be worn with revlon on my nails, and that if i don't have the polish, my dj set would completely suck. that drugstore was the only one i saw the polish in, so, the entire friday night i thought about going there on a saturday morning before we start our journey to austria, but somehow managed to bring myself back to normality and decided to wait until monday morning! 

the polish is opaque enough after two or three layers, but it is probably better to layer it in order to be happy with two.














used base (china glaze strong adhesion) + three layers of polish + top coat (essence better than gel nails top sealer BTGNTS) + matte tc