Saturday 4 August 2018

essie jamaica me crazy (dive bar)

i bought essie jamaica me crazy from the awesome dive bar collection back in 2011, because we had a "favourite nail polish name" theme when we were doing "theme friday" challenge. this is my all time favourite name. then i realized that this dive bar collection is, for me, the best essie ever had. i mean, dive bar, sexy divide and trophy wife, it can't get better than that.



jamaica me crazy is not my typical color, but i have no magentas in my collection so i decided to give it a try. it turned out to be quite good. even though it is magenta, it has a purple undertone that makes it more my type, and gorgeous subtle purple shimmer.  

this is my first wide brush essie, and i'm happy with it. also, the formula was great, no bold spots, good coverage.

it's a difficult one to capture. direct sunlight washes it out, so the shade images are much more faithful.

natural light:





shade:





i used base (china glaze strong adhesion) + three layers of polish +  top coat (essence better than gel nails top sealer fast dry)